Monday, February 18, 2013

Set apart to be a Missionary

Jarrod West was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on January 29, 2013 at 8:15 pm. He had a number of friends and his immediate family there. The family includes me (Mom, Lisa Szymanski), his Dad, Stephen West, his brother Charlie West, and his stepmother, Kristi West, and step brothers, Riley and Tanner Eaton. President Richards of the Morningside Stake set him apart. The circle consisted of the stake president, his dad, and two of his friends, Jafid Garcia and Patrick Nilsson. He was blessed a number of times to be kind. He was blessed with love and patience and obedience. He was told that he would be an example of obedience and that he would be one that his mission president could trust. He was also blessed with safety from number of things that could go wrong. (I was very comforted by that!)And he was also told that he would bring many souls into the church. After he was set apart, Jarrod gave me his first blessing, with the aid of the Stake President. He blessed me to have the Spirit with me and that the Holy Ghost would lead me and I would know what I need to do. Very short, simple and sweet. We drove his friend's home and then visited with the Christiansen family in our ward who had lent me their car while I was there. We were there for a bit and then took Patrick home. We returned to the house and Jarrod's friend Matt Jennings (aka Jungle) came to visit. I said goodnight and left Charlie and Jarrod at their dad's for their last night together. It was a sweet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment